Wednesday, November 7, 2007

New York City Marathon

Marathon weekend in New York, its a great day and very inspiring. I heard a polish man won the race and he did a lap of honor, now that's a long lap. I love to run myself and Central Park where I usually go is one of the most remarkable and beautiful parks I have ever seen, I think New Yorkers take it for granted and don't realize how amazing it is, anyway I went to buy a new pair of running shoes in foot locker on 44TH and Time square the other day, when I got home I noticed that there was only one shoe lace in the box, I was obviously a little pissed off but then I read the box and it said "Taiwan"- think about it people.

I went up to see the end of the Marathon at Columbus circle at the south west corner of Central Park, I got the A train from 42ND street and 8TH ave right to 59TH and Columbus Circle, the subway is the best way to get around in this town.

If your a tourist go down to any subway station ask the person in the booth for a free subway map get your bearings and go off and explore this great city, its that easy- except for all the people, the un-audible announcement on the subway trains and the rude staff, its all good, that's why its important to have your map and be prepared, plus there is always a map on the trains and the platforms.

For the New Yorkers we all know that the seat underneath the map on the subway is the worst seat on the train as people are contently coming up looking at the map and sticking there dirty sweaty balls, big tits or smelly arse's in your face while they are figuring out what stop to get off at!!! Enjoy and Cheers for now.

No comments: