Friday, December 21, 2007

Larry Laprise Dies At Age 93

With all the sadness and trauma going on around the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost went unnoticed last week. Larry Larise, the man that wrote the classic song "hokey pokey" died peacefully at the age of 93. It was a very popular song at my bar, anyway the most traumatic part for his family was getting him in the coffin. They put his left leg in, and then the trouble started!!!!!!

That reminds me of a good bar joke, as you know a good bartender must always be ready to tell a joke, my mother used to say to me when I was younger, never let the truth get in the way of a good story, so this ones for you mum.

There's this funeral parade going up this steep hill in Harlem, when all of a sudden the coffin slides out the back of the hurst and starts speeding down the hill with everyone chasing after it. It starts moving faster and faster and nobody can catch it until it flies past the Apollo theater on 125Th street and across the street into a pharmacy (chemist) and stops right at the counter just as the body pops right up out of the coffin. The pharmacist says can I help you, and the person says, can you give me something to stop my coughing

Cheers everyone and don't forget to tip your bartender

No comments: