Tuesday, October 2, 2007

On Vacation

Just Back from Vacation (holiday), I was actually back in my hometown city for a week. Its kind of strange sleeping in the room where I grow up in again. This room is really small, I don't know how myself and my five brothers ever slept in this room together, there is barely enough room for me now. I used to sleep in the same bed with two of my brothers, and both of them used to wet the bed. I learned how to swim by the time I was three. My mother used to say to me what part of the bed would you like to sleep in and I would say the shallow end please. When I would wake up there would be a rainbow at the end of the bed. She used to tell me that everyday was my birthday, however I found out after, it was only to hide her addiction to cakes and balloons.

We were kinda poor when we were going up as you can probably see, my mother would send me down to the local butchers shop and tell me to ask them for a sheep's head (they were cheap), and tell the butcher to leave one of the legs on, or tell him to leave the eyes in, as it has to see us through the week.

I would get hand me down cloths from all my older brothers and sister, all the cloths they had grown out of, I remember getting hand me down pants from my older brother one time, he was six foot two and I was five foot one, I had to open my fly to blow my nose, I remember wearing the same dress as my teacher, mind you, I think he was more embarrassed than I was.

My parents didn't have enough money to buy me a new suit for my confirmation, so my father bought me a new cap and told me to look out the window, but you know what, we were happy!!!

No comments: